Friday, March 26, 2010

Pascal's Prayer

Recently I read about Pascal's life and his prayer. I thought I would share with you. Pascal was a genius as well as a devout Christian. I did not know that he died at a relatively young age, 39 and suffered much in his life. Listening to his prayer, I can see his heart for God's glory in every aspect of his life.

Here is his prayer asking God to use illness to a good end,
“O Lord, let me not henceforth desire health or life, except to spend them for You, with You, and in You. You alone know what is good for me; do, therefore, what seems best to you. Give to me, or take from me; conform my will to Yours; and grant that, with humble and perfect submission, and in holy confidence, I may receive the orders of Your eternal providence and may equally adore all that comes to me from You, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment